A Complete Guide To Buy A Baby Gate
The Baby Gate is an excellent tool to hold children from the hazards of any home. Often times a baby gate is used to help keep children away from stairs and other objects that might cause injury. Another use with the baby gate would be to keep the child or children within a room or part of the house to keep them in sight from the adult.
Another use for the baby gate should be to keep children in a single specific area or room. With multiple children within a home it really is even harder to hold track of your children if they are let loose in the entire house. By keeping them in a room or an area of the house they may be more easily taken care of.
When Should I Need a Safety Gates to Protect My Baby?
The best time to place up safety gates is before your child starts crawling. For most babies that skill develops somewhere between 7 and 10 months, so installing gates when your child is around 6 months old should cover you.
If that seems too early, take into account that babies quickly progress from those first tentative movements to shooting across an area in the blink associated with an eye. Gates are particularly crucial if you have stairs at your residence.
How to Choose the Best Baby Gates?
Two Basic Types of Gates
• Hardware-mounted gates are bolted to framing within the walls of your house. They’re appropriate where there is a chance of your kids falling, such as top of a stairway, whether indoors or out.
• Pressure-mounted gates simply press on opposing walls. They should be used only where falling isn’t a hazard, like between two rooms or even discourage your little explorer from climbing up stairs. Pressure-mounted gates are not secure enough to use at the top of stairs, so never utilize them that way, no matter how much you want to avoid drilling holes into your walls.
When it comes to width and height, safety gates come in a wide variety of sizes. Standard-sized gates generally vary from 29 to 45 inches wide and 30 inches tall. Extra wide gates also exist and are appropriate for area of the home which cover an especially wide span. You’ll find as wide as 58 inches, with 4- to 12-inch extension kits to securely blockade a straight wider opening.
There are also especially high gates available, that are useful for tall children and those that are able to climb over standard-sized gates (and they’re going to all try!) Such safety gates consist of 38 to 41 inches tall. There are gates for unusually shaped areas, including around fireplace hearths and where opposing walls don’t fall into line evenly.
Extra Safety Precautions
Avoid little feet and hands from getting stuck in the safety gate by picking a gate with slats which are no wider than two inches apart. Also keep away from gates which may have horizontal pieces between the top and bottom rails, as it gives the child a ladder for climbing. If you choose a gate with mesh, ensure it has fine screening.
Our 2019 Top 5 Baby Gates
5. Cumbor 38.5″ Auto Close Safety Baby Gate
- 【Large & Wide】Measuring 30.5″ high & 29.5-38.5″ wide, this gate is suitable for most doors! A 23.6″ large thru gate makes it easier to walk when holding the baby or laundry basket. Great choice for moms!!!
- 【Safe for Baby】 Your curious crawlers will be “blocked” by the baby gate at doorways because we design the Double-lock safety release which makes it difficult for toddlers to open the gate by imitating.Absolute security, The same locking configuration is on the New Pet Gate too. “Babysitting” your babies!!!
- 【Durable Design】 Don’t be shocked by the Steel design gate which can defend max 200 pound impact by Husky, Alaska etc. without budging at all! Also, a small pet gate is designed for cats to walk thru but stops dogs. Superior for pet lovers!
- 【Auto Close】No need to worry about forgetting to lock the gate because this one will close itself automatically due to gravity. Open less than 90° and the gate will close itself. Open past 90° and it will stay open.
- 【Easy Installation】 Simple pressure mounting is easy enough for a nanny to install for grandkids in 10 minutes without any help. Free to go through from both sides. Perfect for stairs, hallway, doorways and open spaces.
- 【Wall Protection】Hardware mounting and 4 wall cups are included to protect your wall.【What’s Included】28.5“ Cumbor Baby Gate, 2 x 2.75” extensions, four wall cups, welcome guide, our 3-month unconditional refund & worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service！！（If you have any problems with your product, Cumbor will replace a new one for you）
4. North States 47.85″ Easy Swing & Lock Baby Gate
- WORRY FREE SAFETY: Keep your child safe and secure with the Easy-Swing & Lock Gate. With a safety gate that easily swings closed to self-lock, you never have to worry about forgetting.
- STRONG DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: The sturdy, kid-tough steel construction with vertical bars for a difficult-to-climb frame, paired with a decorative matte bronze finish incorporates style and function in one and will complement any home décor.
- SIMPLE TO USE: Create extra safety with a gate that swings open fully – no threshold bar to step over. Combined with an easy, one-hand operating latch, getting in and out is nearly effortless which is a must for any parent or pet owner!
- EASY INSTALL & WIDER THAN OTHER GATES: This baby gate is ideal for a variety of room openings, hallways and stairways. Measuring 28.68″ to 47.85″ wide (wider than other similar gates!) and is 31″ high. Comes with extra secure hardware mount – everything you need to install!