A Complete Guide To Buy Dog Ear Cleaner
Ear cleaning is an important part of your dog’s basic grooming routine. All dogs ought to have their ears cleaned from time to time, but some dogs need more frequent and thorough cleaning than others. A regular home ear-cleaning routine is usually beneficial to your dog, especially you’re your dog gets ear infections, because it prevents bacteria and yeast accumulation. You just want to ensure to accomplish it properly so you don’t do any damage.
Why You Should Clean Your Dog’s Ears?
Yeast and bacteria are definitely the most common factors behind ear infections. We know these micro-organisms thrive in dark, moist environments, and our pet’s ears are definitely the ideal location. While our ear canals go straight inward, a dog’s ear canal travels down and then inward. The downward portion of the ear canal, referred to as the vertical canal, causes it to become difficult for the ear to drain and can obstruct the flow of air needed for drying.
Another reason in many breeds is large ear flaps. These flaps often cover the ear canal, further preventing needed air flow. Add to this the reality that our pets love playing outside. Running from the trails, rolling in dirt, and swimming in the lake or pool is excellent fun, but it also exposes them to dirt and debris. All of this combined leads in potential ear problems.
How to Clean Your Dog’s Ears?
1.Preparing to Clean Your Dog’s Ears
The number 1 place to clean your puppy’s ears is within the tub or outside. This is a good thing to do before a bath. Keep in mind that if your dog shakes its head, that ear debris and cleaner must go somewhere, and this includes your walls so you, so beware. You would like to wrap a towel around your dog or place one under it to hold it clean and dry. You may also need a towel to maintain you dry
Before cleaning the ears, inspect them. This gives you an idea of how dirty they are and lets you check for excess hair. If your dog has a lot of hair coming from the ear canal, it may need to be plucked. You can do this with your fingers, tweezers, or hemostats. A special ear powder made for dogs may be helpful in gripping the hair. Talk to your groomer or vet’s office about how to properly pluck the ears without hurting your dog.
Before cleansing the ears, inspect them. This gives you an idea of how dirty these are and helps you to check for excess hair. If your dog has lots of hair coming from the ear canal, it will need to be plucked. You can do this with the fingers, tweezers, or hemostats. A special ear powder manufactured for dogs can be helpful in gripping the hair.
2.Use Ear Cleaner
Choosing the proper dog ear cleaner to your dog is perfectly essential. Unfortunately you will discover dozens of ear cleaning products available and a lot of contain harmful compounds. Knowing what to avoid is as crucial as knowing what to search for.
How to Choose the Best Dog Ear cleaner?
Avoid Some Ingredients
Drying Agents – Drying agents such as alcohol, menthol and chlorothymol are commonly used to reduce moisture in your dog’s ears. This does decrease the chance of infection but they can irritate your dog’s skin and cause other concerns.
Synthetic Fragrances – “Fragrances” can be a catch-all term to get a large range of chemicals, many of which can be harmful for a dog. There is no necessity for companies chatting the ingredients in fragrances, meaning there’s not a chance to know no matter whether a fragrance will hurt your canine.
Preservatives – Many companies use preservatives to maintain their ear cleaners fresh but the preservatives could potentially cause severe skin irritation, especially if your dog has pre-existing skin problems.
Our 2019 Top 5 Dog Ear Cleaners
5. Vet’s Best Dog Ear Cleaner Kit
- COORDINATED TREATMENT – Vet’s Best Dog Ear Relief Wash & Dry Cleaner Kit cleans and soothes raw, itchy, and smelly dog ears, and keeps dog’s ears fresh and dry between baths.
- FAST AND EFFECTIVE – Ear Relief Wash provides fast, effective relief from red, raw, greasy, itchy, and irritated ears.
- LASTING RESULTS – Ear Relief Dry helps to extend the time between ear cleanings.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS – Both formulas contain natural ingredients in gentle and soothing combinations, including chamomile, clove oil, tea tree oil, and aloe vera.
- MADE IN THE USA – Both formulas are alcohol-free and non-stinging.
4. Virbac Epi-Otic Advanced Ear Cleaner
- Epi-Otic may be used for routine ear cleansing in healthy ear canal or prior to administration of other ear preparations
- A mild alcohol-free cleansing and drying solution for routine maintenance of otitis externa
- Epi-Otic has a low pH of 2.2 and contains no chlorhexidine or alcohol
3. Doggie Dailies Pet Ear Cleaner
- 8 FL OZ, VETERINARIAN FORMULATED PET EAR DROPS, SAFE FOR ROUTINE USE: Our dog ear cleaner works great for cats too! Doggie Dailies ear wash is formulated using an effective blend of Aloe Vera, Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel, and Echinacea that work together to safely loosen and remove dirt, ear wax and, debris from your pet’s ears leaving them clean, fresh, and feeling good. Doggie Dailies ear treatment for dogs and cats is safe to use routinely depending on your pet’s needs
- DOG EAR WASH THAT’S EASY TO USE, HAS A FRESH & PLEASANT SCENT, AND WILL NOT BURN OR STING: Doggie Dailies ear cleaner solution for dogs and cats has a light and pleasant scent that will not overwhelm you or your pet. Each bottle comes with an easy-to-use applicator tip that makes administering the ear drops and cleaning your pet’s ears much easier. Your pet will love our ear wash too because our special formula soothes their ears and will not burn or sting
- PERFECT EAR CLEANING SOLUTION TO MAINTAIN YOUR PET’S EAR HEALTH & CLEANLINESS: Dogs and puppies of all sizes love our dog ear cleaner, and cats do too! No more irritated, smelly, itchy ears that you and your pet have to deal with. Bring your pet some relief with an ear treatment for dogs and cats that actually works. Order your bottle of Doggie Dailies ear wash now, RISK FREE!
- MADE IN THE USA, FDA REGISTERED FACTORY, EVERY BATCH TESTED BY INDEPENDENT LAB: Doggie Dailies ear cleaner for dogs and cats is made in the USA in our FDA registered factory that gets inspected annually by APHIS. Every batch of our ear wash for dogs is tested and certified safe by an independent lab before it is distributed
- GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE + FREE BONUS EBOOK: Your happiness is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with our product or service we’ll provide you with a full refund and ensure we resolve any issue to your complete satisfaction. As a BONUS, you’ll get a copy of our exclusive eBook, “Common Threats To Your Dog’s Health (and what to do about them)” delivered to your inbox immediately after you purchase
2. Pet MD Otic Clean Dog Ear Cleaner
- Veterinarian Formulated & Scientifically Designed to Deodorize, Clean, Dry & Acidify Ears.
- Safe & Gentle Cleanser with Aloe Vera for Daily Use. Won’t Sting, Burn or Aggravate – Even for Puppies & Kittens.
- Eliminates Build Up of Wax, Fluid, Dirt & Debris to Stop Your Pet from Scratching and Head Shaking.
- Pleasant Sweet Pea Scented Drops Help Your Pet’s Ears Smell as Good as He Feels.
- Made in the USA in our Federally Regulated Manufacturing Facilities to Ensure Quality and Safety.
1. EcoEars | Natural Dog Ear Cleaner
- MULTI-SYMPTOM DOG EAR CLEANER – Treats Itch, smell, and gunk. Helps restore dogs’ ears to healthy condition in 7-10 days. Unlike prescription dog ear infection medicine, EcoEars clears the ear problems fast and leaves the ears fresh and clean. Just fill the ear canal and gently massage base of your dog’s ear.
- ALL NATURAL -– MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR DOGS – Includes no pharmaceuticals, synthetic chemicals, hydrocortisone (steroids), solvents or antibiotics. Great for sensitive ears! Choose our high quality cleaner to help with your dog ear infections. If you see signs of dirt, irritation, itching, bad odor or discharge, EcoEars will help.
- TOP RATED PRODUCT – EcoEars washes away pathogens, grime and most other common invaders in dog’s ears. Our natural dog ear cleaner also helps to eliminate wax buildup, inflammation and redness. If you include EcoEars in your weekly grooming routine, and after water activities, you will help keep your dog’s ears safe and healthy.
- QUICKLY STOPS THE SMELL, HEAD-SHAKING, ITCH & DISCHARGE – Restores your dog’s ears to their natural healthy state. Helps break down wax, dirt, crust and biofilms that may have accumulated in your dogs ears and flushes away any remaining parasites.
- 100% NO-HASSLE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! – This applies to all Vet Organics products for one full year from the date of purchase.