A Complete Guide To Buy Electric Can Opener
Today, cans are the most popular food storage. A common complaint is to open cans. The can opener simply clicks from the stand before the task is completed or before the can is fully opened or causes injuries. Now, your problem has been solved with an electric can opener. This ingenious invention is actually a small electrical device used to open cans.
Electric can openers work on the same principles as the manual, except that the device does all the work. Instead of a handle that you can turn on, there is an electric motor that operates it. A cable used to connect the power supply is included. By using the electric can opener, the can is opened quickly and easily with the press of a button. At the top there is a lever that you push down. Then you can hear how the can opener works. Lift the lever to stop. However, it will stop automatically when the task is completed.
How does an electric can opener work?
Like manual can openers, electric can openers open cans using the same principle. With a manual opener, you have to hold and turn the can with your hands to cut the top easily. For electric openers, it has a special magnet holding the can and an electric motor automatically cuts. All you have to do is clamp the cutting edge at the top of the can and the opener will do the rest. Electric can openers are available in a variety of models such as countertop, wireless, under-cabinet models, etc. so it is recommended to identify your favorite model before buying.
What are the advantages of an electric can opener?
As already mentioned, there are many things that really make electric can openers the best. Here are some of the benefits.
Opening the cans quickly
One of the problems we have with manual can openers is that it often takes a long time to open the cans. This is especially true when used cans are old. Often, we must stop and start due to the fact that the can opener loses the grip of the can. One of the biggest advantages of electric can openers is that they can be opened faster.
They are safer
Another common problem with old manual can openers is that they can be a bit dangerous, especially if you’re in a hurry. If you try to open the can immediately, it is very easy to slide it. An electric can opener simply presses a button and allows the device to do the job.
Open cans cleanly
In older types of manual can openers, the open lid is often jagged and messy. Due to jagged metal, part of the label paper may even enter the can. The use of an electric can opener gives you a completely clean cut, so there is no risk of anything left in the food.
Things to consider before buying an electric can opener
This review covers all the basics of an electric can opener. This section will help you choose the best model for your kitchen needs. These are the things you can check when looking for an electric can opener for your kitchen:
Electric can openers generally work with two sources: a fixed power supply or a battery. If you are looking for a can opener that can be used regularly in the kitchen, you can choose a fixed power supply variant. If you are looking for a model that can take you to a picnic, you should get battery operated ones.
Usually, there are electric can openers of various sizes and weights. To avoid future frustrations, you must first consider the size of the cans you normally use at home. Make sure the product can completely fill the target can without any problems.
Our 2019 Top 5 Electric Can Openers
5. Electric Can Opener, 2AA Batteries Operated Smooth Soft Edge with One
- No Sharp Edges:Perfect for individuals with arthritis or hand pain, requires no manual labor.
- Effortlessly opens of any size at the push of a button. Please be noted that the can top / the blade should be bend, it is normal and not defective
- This stylish kitchen gadget will self adhere to any can and automatically open it in seconds. We suggest you give some pressure by hand on the top of the opener to let the can opener self adhere to the cans.
- Cuts around the side of the can to eliminate sharp and dangerous edges, creating an easily resealable lid with a smooth edge. Great for keeping food covered while preparing a meal.
4. Smooth Edge Automatic Can Opener for Any Size
- 【Convenient to Use and Dependable】Effortlessly open cans of any size by pressing of the gray button and stop by pressing once more. Perfect for seniors and the people with Arthritis
- 【Smooth Edge】Innovative side-cutting system removes the top of any can and creates a resealable smooth edge lid
- 【Easy to Clean】Wipe with a damp cloth to clean, please note that Do Not Rinse The Battery Part
- 【Power By】2×AA batteries (not included)
- 【Size】Measures approximately 6.7×2.4×1.6 inches. Small in size and Light in weight
3. Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener
- Electric can opener with precision Power Cut blade. Cord length : 36 Inches
2. Hamilton Beach Classic Chrome Heavyweight Electric Automatic Can Opener
- Removable, washable cutting unit
- SureCut™ patented technology opens cans the first time, every time
- Knife sharpener, Automatic shutoff
- Cord storage
- Extra-tall design, Dimensions (inches): 10.24 H x 5.12 W x 6.9 D
1. Hamilton Beach (76606ZA) Smooth Touch Electric Automatic Can Opener
- ELIMINATES SHARP LID EDGES: This electric can opener cuts cans along the sides for smooth, touchable lids.
- OPENS POP-TOP AND REGULAR CANS: No need to struggle with or handle sharp and messy pop-top lids any longer.
- EASILY OPEN CANS WITH ONE HAND: Designed with an easy-touch opening lever, this automatic can opener easily opens cans with a light touch using one hand.
- SLEEK CHROME AND BLACK DESIGN: The stylish design of the Hamilton Beach can opener looks great on the countertop and complements any décor.
- 4½ STAR RATED: Consumers love this can opener.