A Complete Guide To Buy Electric Garage Heater
For some people, the garage is just a place to park the car. For others, it is home to a small carpentry shop or an art studio. No matter what your garage is for, you may prefer to keep your garage warm in winter. There is nothing worse than driving a car with an ice cold steering wheel and freezing seats. Even if your garage is old and worn, there are methods to help you avoid the cold of winter. For example, you can install a garage heater like electric garage heater.
What is electric garage heater?
Electric garage heaters convert electricity to heat. They all work on the same premise that passes an electrical current through an electrical resistor in order to create heat which is then blown into the surrounding space. Portable and mountable, all you need to connect is a 240 volt outlet.
Advantages of using electric garage heater?
Keep the room above the garage hot
Rooms above garages on the second floor are becoming more common. The problem is that these rooms are usually cold, even they have their own source of heat source and good insulation. Heating in the garage is a good way to keep these rooms warm and safe on cold nights. In addition, the electric garage heater can provide heat and comfort to pets and plants stored in the bonus room or garage.
It keeps you warm while you work
An unheated garage can be an uncomfortable place for working. If it is cold outside, you’ll spend as much time trying to stay warm as you do working on your projects. In addition, having to bundle up can seriously impede your ability to work as productively as possible. Of course, all this can be improved by simply heating the garage. Installing an electric garage heater does not require a large initial investment or even a high monthly rate.
Factors to consider before buying electric garage heater
To determine the type of heating, you should know the size of the place to be heated. If you have a small garage, the choice of the heater will be different and the same will be very different in a large garage. The heating configuration must be compatible with the size of the garage to facilitate heating. Many other factors depend on the size of the garage.
The heaters are used to keep places and people warm during the snow season. Of course, there are days when the heater is on for a long time and the temperature is too high. Overheating is not uncommon and there must be a combat for the same. The overheating mechanism has an overheat protection function, and the heater automatically shuts off when overheating occurs. This prevents external damage to the garage and internal damage to the radiator.
Here are advantages and disadvantages, so be careful when choosing. A powerful heater, of course, delivers heat faster. The room is easily covered and the effect cannot be denied. On the other hand, you must be prepared to pay more each month. The initial price is also high for large units. In general, the more heat you need, the more money you need to spend.
Our 2019 Top 5 Garage Heaters
5. NewAir G73 Hardwired Electric Garage Heater
- [Rugged Exterior, Built to Last] The NewAir G73 hard-shell exterior is made from heavy-duty stainless steel. Not only is it durable, but it’s built to last, especially in tough climates and work conditions. It also comes with a mounting bracket for you to place it on the wall or ceiling of your workspace. This way you can stay toasty and safe with a heater hidden from busy work areas.
- [A Powerful Fan to Keep You Warm While You Work] Get quick heat from a fan powerful enough to spread warm air evenly throughout a 500 square foot radius. If you have a two-car garage, large workspace or shed, you’ll remain warm while you do your work, especially in the dead of winter.
- [Hardwired to Your 30 Amp Breaker] The NewAir G73 doesn’t come with any of the maintenance issues of a propane heater. It needs to be hardwired into your breaker, so consider hiring a professional electrician to help you. Once your heater is hardwired, your warm workspace is only a switch away.
- [An ETL Certified Heater You Can Trust] This Heater is considered one of the safest on the market and is our customers tried-and-true favorite. It is ETL certified for electrical safety, and comes with overheating protection, so rest assured you have one of the most trusted heaters available.
- [Direct Your Heat Anywhere with Adjustable Louvers] Direct heat anywhere in your garage with the adjustable louvers and easy tilt head. If you happen to be sitting in one location while you work, you can make sure the heat is sent to the exact spot you need. Or, you can turn the louvers completely open to allow heat to travel everywhere. The choice is yours.
4. Dr. Heater DR966 240-volt Hardwired Shop Garage Commercial Heater
- Heavy Duty 240V Single Phase 3000/6000W Commercial Electric Heater
- Hardwired; Power cord not included in the unit. Dimensions: Overall Height – Top to Bottom: -14.5″. Overall Width – Side to Side: -13″. Overall Depth – Front to Back: -14.5″.
- UL/CUL Listed Wall or Ceiling Mounted Heater; Bracket Included
- Adjustable Thermostat with HIGH and LOW Setting. A dynamically 8 inch fan provide maximum air flow with minimum turbulence and noise, gently distributes warmth through your area
- 5 Adjustable Louvers for to Direct Airflow
3. 1500W / 750W Ceramic Space Heater with Overheat Protection & Tip-Over Protection
- Portable Heater: 3 Modes for choosing; 1500W / 750W / Cool Blow Fan
- Safety Assurance: Overheat Protection & Tip-Over Protection
- Adjustable Thermostat Control: Remain the temperature at a comfortable level
- Small heater Measures: 6.2″ X 7″ x 9.2″ portable for indoor tent desk office room
- Quiet Heating: Heat up places in minutes. The sound it causes will not disturb resting
2. Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988 Garage Shop 208/240V, 4800/5600W Heater
- Heats Up To 600 Square Feet with Auto Overheat Cut-Off Protection
- Temperature Range: 45-95 degrees F. Comes with Thermostat control. Wattage: 5600W. Volts: 240V/ 208V
- UL and C-UL listed
- Power Cord: NEMA 6-30P (receptacle NeMA 60-30R 250V 30 Amps)
- Requires a 220V plug in and not for general residential or household use, cannot be mounted on the ceiling
1. Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater
- Steel, Plastic, Nickel
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) at 4000 BTU = 0.044 Gal/Hr, at 9000 BTU = 0.099 Gal/Hr
- Fold-down handle; swivel-out regulator; connects to propane tank (not included); Run Time (Hrs at Max BTU): 3 Hours
- THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.