A Complete Guide To Buy a Filtered Water Bottle
You may need to carry a water filter while traveling. Whether you’re planning camping, backpacking or another great adventure, you should filter the water immediately. In these cases, filtered water bottles are a good option and can guarantee the same levels of water quality that you would expect from a domestic water filter.
The effectiveness of these bottles can cover a wide range. Many are designed to work with treated water and are designed to remove chlorine or improve taste and odor problems. That said, adventurers will have other options available.
Whatever your needs, the various models of filtered water bottles in the market practically guarantee that you can find one that suits your lifestyle and taste. In recent years, many well-known companies have launched customized water bottles with filters, offering you countless options.
Why You Need a Personal Water Filter?
Heavy metals in water
Mercury, lead and arsenic are some of the heavy metal substances. These are harmful to your body. We’ve all heard about mercury poisoning. Imagine what happens when these metals are present in drinking water. These metals seem to be common in tap water. If you want to save yourself and your children from these harmful substances, choose filtered water.
We are lucky to get tap water, but for some reasons, you may not always drink due to the presence of unnatural water components. However, tap water is very convenient and once you get a filter bottle, this convenience will be further enhanced. Why? Because you can fill the bottle from the cap whenever you want and enjoy more levels of filtration.
You can take it to the gym, take it while running, walking, cycling and take it to work. Carry a portable filter bottle wherever you go, fill it with tap water before leaving home, refill as needed, and enjoy pure, clean and tasteless water all day.
Get rid of pollution
Drinking water is essential for your health, but we would argue that there are shades of grey when it comes to water quality. This is borne out by the large number of pharmaceutical compounds and microplastics which have been detected in tap water throughout the world.The tap water tested also shows traces of steroid hormones such as estrogen and progesterone. Filter bottles generally do not remove all these impurities, but it is also beneficial to remove a group of compounds.
Tips for Choosing a Filtered Water Bottle
The first and most important are the materials used for the container. When coming to choose a filtered water bottle, there are two things to consider:
Material and Heavy
First of all, don’t choose something that makes you sick. You should buy things made of plastic without BPA and check this before buying. The fact is that plastic can make you sick and sells cheaper than usual. In addition, the problem is that BPA and BPA-free plastics cannot be distinguished because they look the same.
Secondly, you should be able to take it with you, so make sure that the water bottle is not too heavy. Metal is a great alternative, but not the best option to travel.
Types of organisms it can remove
You may wonder how much the water purifier filters. The problem is that the bottles are made to carry tap water or water and must be able to filter chlorine, chemicals or lead. The best answer is to read reviews of filtered water bottles to see what types of organisms can be eliminated.
Another important thing is that a filter bottle is not the same as another filter bottle. Each brand provides specific filtration for toxins in the water, while another may take care of other impurities. You can check and get one that can filter for multiple sources.
Our 2020 Top 5 Personal Water Filters
5. Membrane Solutions Personal Water Filter
- ADVANCED AND SAFE TECHNOLOGY: With Membrane Solutions’s advanced safety filtration membrane technology, this filter straw is divided into four stages, including coarse filter screen, Polypropylene nonwovens, coconut shell activated carbon and hollow fiber ultrafiltration membranes. It is able to remove all visible solid sediments,reduce 99.99999% of harmful substances, and improve the odor, ensuring the safest water in the worst environments.
- PORTABLE: This straw filtration at only 6.7” long and 1.1” in diameter fits any bottle, cup, or glass. It weighs just 3 ounces and fits in the palm of your hand,pocket, gym Bag, backpacks, survival packs and Purses. You can take it anywhere you want conviniently.
- OPTIMUM PORE SIZE: Our pore size is 0.1 microns. We all know that the smaller pore size, the higher the filtering accuracy, the 0.1 micron aperture can filter out 99.99999% of the tiny material. Compared to the 0.2 micron filter straw on the market, Membrane Solutions 0.1 μm pore size filter straw maintains the optimum flow rate while maintaining the filtration accuracy.
- LONG LASTING LIFETIME: It is easy to disassemble and clean, which could be maximumly extend the its service life.
- VARIOUS APPLICATION: Mini and lightweight filtering system is ideal for recreation, hiking, camping, scouting, domestic and international travel, and emergency preparedness.
4. Brita Premium Filtering Water Bottle
- GREAT-TASTING WATER: This premium water bottle filters as you drink, reducing Chlorine (taste & odor) found in tap water.
- FILTERED WATER ANYWHERE: This sleek, 26 ounce bottle, fits car cup friendly holders so you can easily enjoy filtered water at home, the office, a sporting event or on a trip abroad.
- CONVENIENT HYDRATION: Featuring durable, BPA-free, hard-sided plastic, built-in carrying loop, one-handed push button lid, and enclosed straw, this filtering bottle provides effortless hydration anywhere.
- REDUCE & SAVE: One water bottle filter can replace up to 300 standard 16.9 ounce single-use plastic bottles. Stay hydrated, save money, and reduce plastic waste.
- EASY TO CLEAN: This filtering water bottle is top rack dishwasher safe. For best results, filter should be replaced every 40 gallons or every two months.
3. Sawyer Products PointOne Squeeze Water Filter System
- Lightweight, easily portable 0. 1 absolute micron hollow fiber Membrane inline water filter
- Highest level of filtration on market — removes greater than 99. 99999% of all bacteria and 99. 9999% of all protozoa (also filters 100% of micro plastics)
- Built-in and removable push/pull cap; spray water straight into mouth or bottle from included pouch; attach to standard threaded water bottle
- Comes with three BPA-free collapsible pouches (16-, 32-, and 64-ounce) that roll up tightly for easy packing; can be reused hundreds of times
- Backed by manufacturer’s lifetime limited (independent testing laboratory Hydration, LLC. ; Microbiological Report S05-03); 100% of squeeze filter units individually tested three times to performance standards by sawyer
2. Sawyer Products Mini Water Filtration System
- Ideal for outdoor recreation, hiking, camping, scouting, domestic and international travel, and emergency preparedness
- High-performance 0.1 Micron absolute inline filter fits in the palm of your hand and weighs just 2 ounces; 100% of MINI units individually tested three times to performance standards by Sawyer
- Attaches to included drinking pouch, standard disposable water bottles, hydration packs, or use the straw to drink directly from your water source
- Removes 99.99999% of all bacteria (salmonella, cholera, and E. coli); removes 99.9999% of all protozoa (such as giardia and cryptosporidium); also removes 100% of microplastics
- Filter rated up to 100,000 gallons; includes four Sawyer MINI filters, four 16-ounce reusable squeeze pouches, four 7-inch drinking straws, and four cleaning plungers
1. LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- Award-winning LifeStraw water filter is a must-carry tool for hiking, camping, travel, and emergencies; no disaster kit is complete without it
- Filters up to 1000 liters of contaminated water without iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals; does not require batteries and has no moving parts
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria, 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites, and filters to 0.2 microns; surpasses EPA filter standards
- An alternative to iodine tablets and bulky purifiers, it weighs 2oz for ultralight portability, and has a high flow rate for drinking from the source
- Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing in a bugout bag or other prepper gear supply kit; measures 9 x 1 x 1 inches.BPA Free materials