A Complete Guide To Buy Pulse Oximeter
Every system and organ within the body requires oxygen to survive. Without oxygen, cells start to malfunction and finally die. Cell death may cause serious symptoms and eventually result in organ failure.
Our bodies convey oxygen to the organs by filtering it through the lungs. The lungs then deliver oxygen into the blood via hemoglobin proteins in red blood cells. These proteins provide oxygen to the entire body.
Pulse oximetry measures the percentage of oxygen in hemoglobin proteins, known as oxygen saturation. Oxygen saturation normally shows how much oxygen is getting to the organs. It provides continuous, non-invasive monitoring of oxygen saturation of haemoglobin in arterial blood. Its results are updated with each pulse wave.
How does the pulse oximeter work?
Pulse oximeters measure the absorption of specific wavelengths of light in oxygenated haemoglobin in comparison with that of reduced haemoglobin. Arterial oxygenated blood is red because of the quality of oxyhaemoglobin it has, causing it to absorb light of certain wavelengths. The oximeter probe has two light-emitting diodes (LEDs), one red and one infrared, positioned on one side of the probe. The probe is positioned on an appropriate part of the body, generally a fingertip or perhaps ear lobe, and the LEDs transmit light wavelengths through pulsating arterial blood to a photodetector on the reverse side of the probe. Infrared light is absorbed by the oxyhaemoglobin; red light by the reduced haemoglobin. Pulsatile arterial blood during systole causes an influx of oxyhaemoglobin to the tissue, absorbing more infrared light, and allowing less light to reach the photodetector. The oxygen saturation of the blood determines the degree of light absorption. The result is processed into a digital show of oxygen saturation on the oximeter screen.
Benefits of Using a Pulse Oximeter
Anybody who’s ever been out of shape understands how terribly the body can struggle to keep oxygen levels when heavy physical needs are suddenly placed on it. By tracking your fitness progress using a pulse oximetry device, you are able to push your body to the limit, without pushing yourself to the point of complete exhaustion and/or sickness.
Having the ability to track changes to your pulse rate without needing to do so manually is yet another fitness advantage of using these devices.
A pulse oximeter ought to be carried on sufferers from COPD constantly. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease takes place when the cells in the lungs become harmed to such an extent the body cannot restore them. This can be a serious situation that will require the use of medication, lifestyle management, and also the monitoring of blood oxygen levels to figure out if the lungs aren’t delivering sufficient oxygen – alerting the patient when rescue medication and/or oxygen treatment are expected.
You really can’t argument with the cost of buying a pulse oximeter. Very few in the marketplace can be more expensive than $50 (USD) and many have no less than a 2-year warranty. No matter if you’re making use of one for fitness monitoring, or because you have a situation that needs one, few at home health monitoring equipment are usually as inexpensive.
Accurate and Easy Reading
An obvious advantage. Whether you do have a cardiopulmonary issue or simply wish to know what your pulse is, an oximeter provides far more trustworthy results compared to putting two fingers on an artery and trying to count your heartbeat. This is especially true if you’re not feeling comfortable.
How to Choose the Best Pulse Oximeter
Purchasing a finger pulse oximeter initially can be confusing because there are numerous brand models available in the market each saying to be the best. So in such a situation, it is possible to get confused when you do not know what you should be searching for when you buy a pulse oximeter.
For your assistance, listed below are the features that make up a best pulse oximeters:
· It must be able to
read your heart rate and degree of oxygen rapidly as well as show the results in a wide readable display.
· It should be quite simple to use without confusing controls in order to use it right away when it is necessary.
· Based on the above points, best pulse oximeter should work on a single button function and should automatically turn off on inactivity.
· Because the majority of the pulse oximeters are being used by athletes and those who do heavy exercising, your fingertip pulse oximeter needs to have a neck band thus it can easily move with you.
· It ought to show other functions as well like battery level.
Our 2019 Top 5 Pulse Oximeter
5. Innovo Deluxe Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- ACCURATE AND RELIABLE – Consistently beat other pulse oximeter in terms of accuracy and reliability during clinical tests.
- PLETHYMOSGRAPH AND PERFUSION INDEX – Tells you if you are taking your SpO2 and Pulse Rate properly. No more second guessing if the readings are reliable or why the pulse oximeter is not giving you a reading.
- NEW SOFTWARE FEATURES – 1) Auditory alarm to warn you when your SpO2 and Pulse Rate are beyond set limits. 2) Auditory Beeps for every detected pulse. 3) Adjustable brightness.
- SPORT ENTHUSIASTS – Suitable for mountain climbers, skiers, bikers, aviators or anyone interested in measuring their SpO2 and pulse rate while on the move.You should only use the pulse oximeter before or after your exercise. Also, you must remain stationary while the pulse oximeter measure your pulse and SpO2
- READY TO USE OUT OF THE BOX – Include 2X AAA BATTERIES and a LANYARD for convenience.
4. AccuMed CMS-50DL Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- ACCURATE OXYGEN SATURATION AND PULSE RATE READINGS IN ONE DEVICE: The Fingertip Pulse Oximeter monitor fits all finger sizes from kids above four years old to adults as it measures the level of oxygen in the blood and reads the pulse rate in just eight to ten seconds. It is crucial to use the device in a stationary position and not while in motion for precise readings.
- FAST & CONVENIENT READINGS: SpO2 and Pulse Rate are graphed on the bright LED display. The LED display cover prevents ambient light washout, making readings crisp and clear. Average time for a reading is 8~10 seconds.
- LOW POWER CONSUMPTION: Equipped with two AAA batteries, the oximeter automatically powers off when not in use and delivers up to 24 continuous hours of battery life.
- PORTABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing only 50 grams, every AccuMed oximeter comes in a convenient travel case that protects it from scratches when carried on its own or inside your gym bag or backpack. Attach the included lanyard to the case or directly to the oximeter for easy reach anytime.
- DESIGNED FOR HOME USE, EXERCISE OR TRAVEL: While the AccuMed Fingertip Pulse Oximeter is handy for detecting vital signs, it is not intended for medical use but rather for situations where you need to know your oxygen level before and after your workout or sports such as running, hiking or cycling, or while traveling in an aircraft.
3. Zacurate Pro Series 500DL Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- ACCURATE AND RELIABLE – Accurately determine your SpO2 (blood oxygen saturation levels), pulse rate and pulse strength in 10 seconds and display it conveniently on a large digital LED display.
- SPORT/HEALTH ENTHUSIASTS – For sports enthusiasts like mountain climbers, skiers, bikers or anyone interested in measuring their SpO2 and pulse rate. SpO2 and Pulse Rate now faces instead of away from the user for easy read. Recommended Age: Above 12 Years Old
- PRO SERIES – The ONLY LED pulse oximeter that can read and display up to 100% for SpO2 value.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL AGES – Finger chamber with SMART Spring System. Accommodates wide range of finger sizes. This product should be used for sports and aviation use only and is not a medical device.
- LOADED WITH ACCESSORIES – Include 2X AAA BATTERIES that will allow you to use the pulse oximeter. Infrared shielding – solid ABS plastic blocks 99% of ambient infrared
2. Zacurate Pink Series Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
- ACCURATE AND RELIABLE – Accurately determine your blood oxygen saturation numbers, pulse rate and strength in 10 seconds. Readings display conveniently on a large digital LED display.
- SPORTS/HEALTH ENTHUSIASTS – For mountain climbers, skiers, bikers or anyone interested in measuring their SpO2 and pulse rate. Numbers now faces instead of away from the user for easy read.
- FULL SPO2 VALUE – Can read and display up to 100% for SpO2 value.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL AGES – Smooth finger chamber features a SMART Spring System that accommodates a wide range of finger sizes.
- ACCESSORIES AND SUPPORT – Includes 2 AAA batteries, a silicone cover for protection against dirt or damage and a lanyard for convenience to take the pulse oximeter on the go. Comes with 12 months WARRANTY and USA based technical phone support.
1. Deluxe SM-110 Two Way Display Finger Pulse Oximeter
- NEWLY UPGRADED – Newly Redesigned in 2015 with major improvements made to the previous pulse oximeter model. NEW Two Way Display feature allows you to read in two different directions.
- PRECISE AND RELIABLE – Quickly determine your SpO2 (blood oxygen saturation levels), Fast SpO2 readings, pulse measurements and display it conveniently on a large digital LED display.
- SPORT/HEALTH ENTHUSIASTS – Suitable for sports enthusiasts like mountain climbers, skiers, bikers or anyone interested in measuring their SpO2 and pulse rate.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL AGES – Accommodates wide range of finger sizes – children to adult.
- CARRYING CASE AND NECK CORD-Easy to carry: Neck/wrist cord, easy carrying soft case with belt loop, 2 Year Warranty