A Complete Guide To Buy Safe Box
Safe deposit boxes become increasingly important as people’s living standards improve. Good people protect valuables from robberies, fire, floods, storms, earthquakes and other factors that can cause loss or damage to things. If you are not around, you should consider having a trusted person with access to it. Safe boxes should be installed in safe places, such as in walls, under the furniture, in the basements and secured with high quality vaults and identification procedures.
Items you can put in the safe box include: Birth certificate, marriage certificate, insurance policy, replacement keys, passport copy, driver’s license copy, video and photos, documents and bonds, certificate of home and precious metals and jewelry.
The Advantages of Using a Home Safe Box
Keeping important documents
The best place to store your important credentials should be easily accessible, safe and not dangerous. To store important documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, contracts, insurance certificates, foreign currency, passports, stock certificates and so on. It is always important to store crucial documents in a safe place like the safe box.
A disaster can happen at any time. Disasters such as floods, explosions, hurricanes, storms, robberies and earthquakes can cause serious property damage. Fire resistant safe box protects property from destruction by fire.
Peace of mind
They provide peace of mind to the owner knowing that all valuable items are in a place protected from unauthorized persons but within reach. This is because you don’t have to feel stress in a safe place to store valuables. It also saves you from frustration by tracking some official documents. This small safe box prevents you from recovering the documents if the original ones are lost or destroyed. It also provides peace of mind to other families because it allows easy access to documents when the owner approves them.
Safe box is installed in a safe place and it resistant to fire, floods, explosions and other disasters. A home locker protects your belongings from theft and destruction. Safes can also protect your belongings so they don’t get into the wrong hands.
How to Choose the Best Safe Boxes
Fire is the biggest concern for most buyers as during an average lifetime there is a quarter of the possibility of experiencing a household fire large enough to warrant calling the fire department. At present, most safe boxes are the fireproof safe boxes.
UL and Intertek rate fireproof safes in terms of what type of material is protected and for how long it is protected. For example, safes rated to protect paper documents shouldn’t get any hotter than 350 degrees on the inside during a fire, according to John Drengenberg, Director of Consumer Safety at UL in Northbrook, Illinois. If you plan to store old tape recordings or 35mm slides, however, you’ll want a safe that’s rated not to exceed 150 degrees inside, he says. Computer disks and DVDs are even more sensitive, so if that’s what you’ll be storing look for a safe whose interior won’t exceed 125 degrees. This information should be on the safe and can be displayed on the package.
For home safe box, 30-minute protection is more common, but you can find safe boxes that are worth more than an hour, however they are usually with higher prices. In general, 30 minutes should be enough.
Water protection is often a special feature of home safe box that are also resistant to fire and theft. Some companies use a “verified” mark on safes that meet the standards of water resistance. Some safes are submerged to simulate the effects of a flood or broken waterlines.
Our 2019 Top 5 Safe Boxes
5. LETTON Security Safe Box, Safe Electronic Steel Safe with Keypad and Fingerprint Unlock
- Three ways of door opening: code opening/ fingerprint opening/ code + fingerprint opening. Safe and easy to program digital keypad and fingerprint lock, you can choose the way you like to unlock.
- The safe box is made of reinforced solid highly durable thicksteel wall construction ,equipped with 0.7inchs 2 live-locking bolts pry-resistant steel door for added security.
- Enter the wrong password for three times consecutively or enter the worng fingerprint 5 times consecutively,the system will be locked and alarm for 1 minute,alerting you to attempted theft.
- Four bolts included to mount safe to wall, floor, or shelf. The inside of the safe includes adjustable/removable interior shelf.
- Perfectly suitable for Home, Business, Office, Hotel. Protect your Jewelry, Cash, Passports, Important Document and valuables.
4. Digital Safe-Electronic Steel Safe with Keypad, 2 Manual Override Keys
- PORTABLE- The digital safe can conveniently be utilized in your home or business and can also be taken along for your car or hotel during travel. It can be mounted on your wall or floor if you wish to keep it in one place.
- MULTI-PURPOSE- Securely store your cash, jewelry, documents, passports, heirlooms, and more. Enjoy the peace of mind in knowing that your valuable assets and belongings are locked up safely!
- LED KEYPAD- The safe is protected with an LED lit keypad that can be programmed with master and guest codes 3-8 digits long. Equipped with 2 manual override keys, you will never have to worry about getting locked out of your safe if you forget the code.
- AUTOMATIC LOCK-After 3 incorrect entries, the alarm will sound for 20 seconds, and after 3 more incorrect entries, it will sound for 5 minutes, alerting you to attempted theft.
- PRODUCT DETAILS- Material: Steel. Dimensions: Exterior-(L)12.2”x(W)7.9”x(H)7.9”, Interior-(L)12.08”x(W)5.5”x(H)7.75”, Door-(L)10.4”x(W)6.0”. Wall thickness: 1.5mm, Door thickness: 3mm. 4 AA batteries and 2 expansion screws included.
3. Safe and Lock Box – Safe Box, Safes And Lock Boxes
- STRONG & SECURE: The safe box is made of reinforced solid steel wall construction. Dual security steel door locking bolts & a corrosion & stain resistant powder coat finish keeps the drop box safe
- EASY TO ACCESS: The safe document box gives you easy personal access to your valuables with the mechanical override function. The safe lock box includes two keys for manual access
- EASY TO INSTALL: The home safe box has pre-drilled holes for wall or floor mounting. Includes mounting bolts, and four AA batteries to control the battery operated digital panel
- FINGER SENSOR TECHNOLOGY: The combination of the safe box features a digital touch screen control pad for added security. Users must use their thumb finger & should make sure the finger they use is dry & scar free
- PROTECT YOUR ASSETS: The safe box is perfect for protecting guns, documents, jewelry, etc. Great for home, office or business use
2. SentrySafe 1170 Fireproof Box with Key Lock 0.61 Cubic Feet
- Fireproof box is UL Classified to endure 1/2 hour at 1550°F to protect irreplaceable documents and valuables from fire
- Fire safe box is ETL Verified to protect CDs, DVDs, and USBs from fire damage
- Fireproof lock box features a flat key lock to prevent the lid from opening in the event of a fire; includes two keys
- Document safe accommodates letter-size hanging files for easy storage of passports, social security cards, and birth certificates (sold separately)
- Exterior: 15.3 in. W x 12.1 in. D x 13.6 in H; Interior: 12 in W x 8.5 in. D x 10.4 in. H; large capacity 0.61 cubic feet; weighs 28 pounds
1. AmazonBasics Security Safe Box, 0.5 Cubic Feet
- 0.5-cubic-foot security safe with electronic lock and 2 emergency override keys
- Steel construction with carpeted floor to protect against scratches and damage; Safe is not fireproof or waterproof
- 2 live-door bolts and pry-resistant concealed hinges; adjustable/removable interior shelf
- Reprogrammable digital access; uses four AA batteries (not included)
- Four bolts included to mount safe to wall, floor, or shelf
- Exterior measures 13.8 by 9.8 by 9.8 inches (L x W x H); Interior space measures 13.5 x 8.75 x 9.5 inches (L x W x H) and door is approximately 2 inches thick