A Complete Guide To Buy Coffee Grinder
Every coffee lover loves fresh ground coffee, regardless of what kind it is. There’s something special and wonderful about freshly ground coffee which brings a smile as that first whiff floats throughout the house or coffee store. In order to enjoy the special flavor of fresh ground coffee, one usually has to own some kind of coffee grinder.
A great tasting cup of coffee is produced from whole coffee that’s ground within a few minutes of brewing, and it also doesn’t matter exactly what coffee bean is used. Whole coffee beans can be caffeinated or decaffeinated. The reason why coffee tastes so much better when it’s just been through a coffee grinder, is that within two minutes, or so the experts claim, the coffee beans begin to oxidize, which is referred to in coffee circles as ‘staling’, which is what changes the flavor. Most experts agree that the sooner you brew your coffee after you put it through a coffee grinder, the better your coffee will taste. That is the reason we need own a coffee grinder.
How to Choose the Best Coffee Grinder
Blade or Burr Coffee Grinder
Burr and blade are definitely the two common forms of coffee grinders. A blade grinder is comparatively cheap and easy to use. It is manually operated by using a power button. The only control that the user has is time. The more extended of grinding the beans, the finer the coffee produced. A motor rotates the blades, and also the process can be quite noisy. Not only that, the rotation speed with the blades will most likely generate heat that can “burn” the coffee and spoil the taste. Burr grinders produce finer coffee dust than blade grinders. They are of two types; conical and flat. They are more expensive and are more consistent. Flat burr grinders make use of centrifugal force and the two flat parallel blades to crush the beans into fine powder. The conical burr grinders depend on the two conical shaped bars and gravity force to grind the beans. One of the bars rotates while the other remains stationary. Thus, the distance between the burrs determines the fineness in the grind.
Particle Size and Consistency
This is really important you should be thinking about the new coffee grinder. It’s one of the fact that relates most directly back to the flavor and aroma you’ll get from a coffee.
Of course, the quality of the coffee bean you buy will have a big role in that too, but in order to completely appreciate high-quality beans, you’ll wish to grind them right before you make your coffee and buy the grounds as fine and consistent in size as possible. This is the key to a good cup of coffee.
Most burr grinders will do a fantastic job on this, but there’s some variety in how well they’ll do and how fine of a consistency they’ll be capable of create. Achieving fineness is particularly important for espresso lovers, so if that’s you, please make sure to look for just a coffee grinder able to produce consistent, fine coffee grounds.
Cost for the Coffee Grinders
A good coffee grinder isn’t cheap. If expense is a particularly big concern for you, then a blade grinder could make the most sense. If you’re ready to spend some money to acquire a grinder which will do the best job, then you can get burr grinders in the range of $100-$500.
Keep in mind here the more you’ll be investing in coffee beans, the more you’ll get out of a high-end grinder. A higher upfront cost might seem harder to swallow inside the moment, but if you spend a lot on high-quality coffee and you aren’t getting the full flavor from it you are wasting money.
As an additional consideration, as with most other purchases you make, coffee grinders that cost more will often be made out of better materials which are durable and last longer. With proper care, these high-quality grinders will typically last much longer than cheaper ones. This could help you save the money of buying a new model.
Speed of Coffee Grinder
While high-speed may sound as being a selling point while purchasing a coffee grinder, it’s actually a symbol of cheaper merchandise that won’t last as long. Coffee grinders with high-speed motors produce more heat, which risks burning the coffee and negatively influencing the flavor and aroma.
If you need to avoid the heat, you must start and stop each time you grind the coffee which leads to it actually taking longer to grind a cup’s worth of beans. On top of that, the start-and-stop process can more speedily wear out your machine, which means it won’t have as long of a life.
High-speed grinders which have gear reduction might help solve some of problems, but in general, you need to prioritize machines that grind at the lower speed.
Your dosing options relate to how the grinder distributes the coffee once it’s ground.
Models having a doser will drop the ground coffee into chambers that you could then release into your coffee filter or receptacle when you’re ready to brew it. Some consumers dislike having a doser though simply because they feel that letting the grounds sit in a chamber before use causes the coffee to lose its freshness.
Doserless models are created to correct that issue by dispensing the grounds more directly. This can mean you have fresher coffee, but it can also mean more of a mess to clean up after each use.
Our Top 5 Coffee Grinders
5. KitchenAid BCG111OB Blade Coffee Grinder
- 160W motor grinds with minimal noise
- Stainless steel blade to grind whole beans for a rich, aromatic blend
- Heavy-duty motor housing
- The whole grinder is remarkably easy to clean
- The bowl, blade and top cover can go straight to the dishwasher for easy cleanup
4. Hamilton Beach Fresh Grind Coffee Grinder
- Quieter than competitors: whether it’s early morning or late at night, you can make fresh grounds without making too much noise
- Removable grinding chamber: The grinding chamber removes for easy filling of whole beans or spices Once finished, remove the chamber for easy cleaning
- Make up to 12 cups of Coffee: you can grind up to 9 tablespoons of beans, enough for 12 cups of Coffee
- Hidden cord storage: a hide-away cord storage at the bottom of the grinder stores The cord neatly and out of sight when it is not in use
- Stainless steel blades: Durable stainless steel blades grind Coffee beans and spices with ease
3. Mueller Austria HyperGrind Precision Electric Coffee Grinder
- CONSISTENT GRINDS EVERY TIME – Unlike many others on the market, the Mueller HyperGrind gives you perfect consistency & precision control over the coarseness of your Javapresse, Pour Over, Drip, Chemex, Cold Brew, French Press, Percolator, AeroPress, Turkish, Espresso, Keurig K Cup, Herb, or Spices grind EVERY TIME!
- COMPACT & STYLISH – Takes up minimum counter space and can be easily stored in cupboards and drawers but with its great modern Eurocentric styling, you just might want to leave it out in the open.
- QUALITY ABOVE ALL ELSE – Crafted with the same essence as traditional German precision machinery, our Mueller HyperGrind Precision Grinder is designed and tested through three professional grade inspections to outlast and outperform the competition!
- ORDER NOW RISK-FREE! – 100% Money-Back Guarantee, no questions asked! Order today while supplies last.
2. KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades
- PERFECTLY GRINDS beans for drip Coffee makers in less than 10 seconds
- LARGE GRINDING CAPACITY yields up to 12 cups of Coffee
- UP TO 3 OZ/85 GRAMS of coffee beans in seconds
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADES and oval shape of this Espresso grinder ensure uniform grinding
- GRIND BEANS BUT ALSO SPICES, herbs, nuts, grains and more; lid activated safety switch for ease of use; 2-year warranty
- Included Components: KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades, 3-Ounce, Black
1. JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder with Conical Burr Mill
- Built-in adjustable grind selector with over 18 click settings ensures you have 100% precision control over the coarseness of your Pour Over, Drip, Chemex, Cold Brew, French Press, Percolator, AeroPress, Turkish, Espresso, Keurig K Cup, Herb, or Spice grind.
- No batteries, power, or long plastic cords needed to operate your portable compact coffee grinder, allowing you to travel with and brew freshly roasted ground coffee beans on your next camping, hiking, backpacking, or outdoors trip.
- Convenient removeable hand crank mechanism consistently eliminates over 90% of the noise that electric grinders produce. Imagine grinding your favorite java roast quietly in an office cubicle or in your kitchen when your loved ones are fast asleep.
- Crafted with the same essence as traditional Japanese cookware, our patent-pending ceramic combo burrs are design tested through three professional grade inspections to last 5x’s longer than stainless steel blades.
- What Our Amazon Customers Say: “Holy cow is this grinder awesome!” “The only slim coffee grinder for my home!” “Just purchased 3 more for family and friends” “Earns its 5 star ratings and reviews with ease!” “One of the best deals for any coffee lover” “Perfect coffee is back in my life!” 100% Money-Back Guarantee. Order today while supplies last.