A Complete Guide To Buy Deep Fryer
Deep fryer, a sort of kitchen utensil you can use to heat cooking oils (fats) so foods can be completely covered in hot oil to be fry cooked, also called “deep fat fried”. Deep Fryer, which is often known as Deep Fat Fryer or Flash Fryer, is made for home kitchen and commercial use, the real difference typically being size and features. Home fryers are smaller bigger with smaller oil capacity chambers. A deep fryer is one of the staple appliances of a modern kitchen. Gone are the days when one could associate fried food with imagery of frying pans and boiling oil.
What Are the Benefits of Deep Frying Food?
There are benefits to using a deep fryer in the kitchen area, including fast cooking speed, improved flavour and lack of mess. A deep fryer works better in all of these areas than deep frying with regular pots or pans.
One of the very most obvious benefits for restaurant owners and chefs would be the pure speed of deep frying when compared with other methods. In theory, a heat transfer between a hot liquid (oil) and solid food is much faster than heated air (oven) and solid food.
In cafes and restaurants where food should be delivered fast and accurately, deep frying is an effective option. Of course, don’t assume all foods could go in a deep fryer, however in kitchens where food like chips are in hot demand, chefs can pump out food consistently to customers.
Most of us love the smell and taste of the freshly fried chip. As customers unwrap their fish and chips, you would like the surrounding fats and oils to get sealed in the flavour so when someone takes a bite, it releases a burst of flavour. This is how foods that have been deep fried taste better than other cooking methods to some people.
There will also be countless recipes that call for deep fried ingredients. In modern dishes, it’s now popular to add deep-fried garnishes on the plate for really crunch.
Lack of mess and More Safe
While removing deep-fried food from regular kitchen tools can be messy, a deep fryer cuts back on mess by having wire baskets that allow an individual to simply separate your food from the oil. Deep fryers are created to stand upright without wobbling or spilling. This decreases the chance for burns and other accidents.
How to Choose a Deep Fryer?
Capacity will be the most important consideration when selecting a deep fryer. If you don’t get one large enough for the number of people you cook for, you might need to fry multiple batches, which takes more time. A 4-cup deep fryer can make two small servings, a 6-cup can make two generous or three small servings, plus a 12-cup should make enough to feed most families. If you’re planning to prepare a whole chicken or turkey, you need a deep fryer with enough capacity to accommodate the biggest size poultry you intend to fry.
Electric deep fryers with higher wattage ratings have more powerful heating elements. This helps heat the oil towards the desired temperature more rapidly. Then, after you add the food, the oil comes back up to temperature more rapidly as well. This is the key to performance: beginning the frying process more rapidly so that the outside cooks crisply and also the inside stays moist, yet without absorbing plenty of oil.
An Adjustable Temperature
While the ideal frying temperature for most foods is 375 degrees Fahrenheit, adjustable temperature controls on an electric fryer provide versatility for cooking different types of food.
Frying-basket Hooks for Draining Foods
Home deep fryers which use oil have hooks for the frying basket that permit you to lift the food out of the oil and hang it to the side of the fryer, over the oil cavity, to drain.
A Nonstick Interior
Deep fryers could be a pain to clean, nonstick interiors make it to be much easier. Also, choose stainless steel baskets that resist rusting and pitting. A few deep fryers have dishwasher safe accessories, but many need to be hand-washed.
Our Top 5 Deep Fryers
5. Secura 1700-Watt Stainless-Steel Triple Basket Electric Deep Fryer
- Fry Fish And Chips At The Same Time. Our cool-touch, stainless steel Deep Fryer comes with 3 fry baskets–one jumbo for big batches of finger-licking’ fried chicken or donuts, plus 2 side-by-side baskets for smaller batches of fish-n-chips, fries-n-onion rings, or for frying foods with different cook times.
- 1700 watt immersion element preheats and recovers oil temperature fast.
- 4.0-liter removable oil tank for easy clean-ups, extra set of odor filters.
- Adjustable heat control (250°-375°F), odor-filter and see-thru window in lid.
- Automatic timer adjustable up to 60 min to shut down heating element. Ready light.
4. Cuisinart CDF-100 Compact 1.1-Liter Deep Fryer
- Fry basket holds up to 3/4 pound
- Fast heat-up and frying
- Nonstick die-cast bowl with attached heating element for superior heating
- Maximum oil capacity is 1.1 liter
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Fry basket holds up to 3/4 pound
- Maximum oil capacity 1.1 liter, Fast heat-up and frying
- Nonstick die-cast bowl with attached heating element for superior heating, 1000 Watts
- Brushed stainless steel housing
- Limited 3-year warranty
3. Hamilton Beach (35021) Deep Fryer
- 8 CUP CAPACITY Cooks up to 6 cups of French fries or chicken tenders Dimensions (inches): 858 H x 1138 W x 1394 D
- COOL-TOUCH SIDES & BREAKAWAY CORD: Safety features include cool-touch sides that won’t burn hands if touched accidentally A breakaway cord prevents the fryer from tipping over if the cord is snagged
- LESS MESS Avoid hot splatters with the lid while still monitoring cooking through the view window Basket includes hooks for easy, mess-free draining and can be lifted while lid is still on
- FAST HEAT-UP & EASY FRYING An immersed heating element makes oil heat faster than a leading competitor An adjustable temperature with a ready light lets you know your oil is at the optimum heat to get flawless cooking results
- REMOVABLE PARTS FOR EASY CLEANING Lid, heating element and enamel-coated oil tank remove for easy cleaning Dimensions (inches): 858 H x 1138 W x 1394 D
2. T-fal Deep Fryer with Basket, Stainless Steel, Easy to Clean Deep Fryer
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE – Powerful 1700-watt deep fryer with 3.5-liter oil capacity and 2.65-pound food capacity to offer friends and family all their favorite fried food
- EASY TO USE – With 2-position basket for cooking and draining food. Handles for easy transportation and storage
- PATENTED OIL-FILTRATION SYSTEM – EZ Clean oil-filtration system for convenient deep frying, cost savings, and simple oil storage
- PROFESSIONAL RESULTS – Professional and healthier results thanks to the immersed heating element that quickly recovers oil temperature
- DISHWASHER SAFE – Easy to clean with dishwasher-safe parts
1. Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer
- Makes delicious fries, chicken, onion rings, and more
- This family-sized fryer makes 4 big servings with just 4 cups of oil
- The proper frying temperature is automatically maintained