A Complete Guide To Buy Dog Crate
Many people won’t crate or kennel-train their dogs simply because feel the confinement is cruel. However, a crate or kennel can provide dogs feeling of security. Crate training done properly is also a very effective management system that could be a lifesaver for pet owners. Like any training method, crating might be abused, but by using a crate for appropriate periods of time is helpful having a variety of important goals, including house training, preventing destructive behavior, and teaching your dog to settle and relax.
What Is a Dog Crate?
A dog crate can be a metal or plastic crate that comes in several sizes for example small, medium or large. Some crates only have one door and others have two and the bottom plastic compartment always comes out so you can clean any poops or pees up easily. A crate is a good choice for keeping a puppy or pet safe if they’re home alone, have to rest up after undergoing surgery and they can be such great training aid for puppies.
There so many on the market to pick from and you can get a crate for relatively cheap. In my opinion, in case you have a dog or are getting a new pup then a dog crate is important.
What Are the Benefits of Using Dog Crate?
Pet have their own space
The first thing to mention is the fact having a kennel in your home allows your pet to have their personal space where they are able to go to use a nap or merely enjoy some much-needed alone time.
We make girls crate super comfy because they occasionally sleep from it, therefore we have cut several of a memory foam mattress topper and placed that on the bottom, with many different throws and pillows up to make it extra comfy.
The Crate While Driving
When traveling with your puppy it’s definitely a good time to think about both yours and his safety.
When traveling along with your puppy it’s definitely a great time to think about both yours and his safety. While driving around within the car with your puppy there are various safer options then letting your pet hop around the front or backseat sticking his head out the window. One option is crating your dog while riding in a vehicle. If you’ve crate trained your pup then they will easily relax inside crate when you drive along your merry old way. If not, it may be stressful for both your pup.
Sickness or Injury
For a dog that’s sick or injured, the calm, comfort and security inside of a crate may soothe them. Although dogs know when they’re in pain, they do not always be aware that certain actions might cause further harm or injury, particularly after surgical procedures or while recovering from an accident. Being able to keep your sick dog confined will provide you with a little peace of mind, knowing they are unable to get sick throughout the house or reinjure or agitate a wound with rough play. Crating a heavily medicated and even confused dog will even prevent them from inadvertently hurting themselves wandering around unsupervised.
Choosing the Right Crate
There are many models of crates around to choose from and it can be a bit overwhelming at first trying to choose which crate is right for your dog. The most common crate varieties are wire crates, plastic crates, and fabric crates.
- Fabric crates are recommended more for travel use than for long-term, unsupervised confinement.
- The best crates to have in your home are usually the plastic or wire crates. These crates are sturdier and are best for long-term confinement.
The other factor to consider when choosing a crate for the dog would be the size of the crate. Some people tend to choose a large crate to offer their dog many room. However, in the event you pick a crate that’s too large, your pet dog may use a portion of the crate as a toilet.
- You want to choose a crate which is just large enough for the dog to square up, produce a complete turn, and lay down comfortably.
Our Top 5 Dog Crates
5. Petsfit Durable Double Door Polyester Dog Crate Cover with Mesh Window
- For 36″ Lx23″ Wx25″ H dog crate.PLEASE MEASURE YOUR CRATE BEFORE ORDER
- Two entrance,mesh side windows;Top openings for better ventilation
- Made from durable oxford cloth and back zipper feature for easier fit
- Only cover and crate is not included
4. Small Dog Crate MidWest Life Stages 24″ Folding Metal Dog Crate
- Single door folding metal dog crate, Life Stages measures 24L x 18W x 21H inches & is suitable for small dog breeds
- Dog crate includes a FREE divider panel, durable dog tray, carrying handle, “roller” feet to protect floors & a “MidWest Quality Guarantee” 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty. Note, we manufacture the iCrate and the Life Stages Dog Crate. The main difference is the Life Stages is made of heavier gauge steel and has a tighter wire mesh making it stronger than iCrate
- Two heavy duty slide-bolt latches (per door) securely lock dog crate door in place keeping your dog safely inside their pet home
- Easy assembly & portable dog crate | Sets up in seconds w/ no tools required for assembly & dog crate folds flat for convenient storage or travel
- Durable design creates a safe place for your pet while you’re away & provides for your dog’s instinctual “den” instincts. Patented rounded corner clips greatly reduce possible sharp-points your dog’s crate for a safer experience for you & your dog
3. MidWest Exercise Pen 5 Height Options Ideal for Any Dog Breed
- Secure double latch step-through door access, Exercise Pen / Pet Playpen folds flat for convenient storage
- Each panel measures 24″W x 30″H, Exercise Pen / Pet Playpen provides 16 square feet of enclosed area (1.5 meters)
- Includes 8 ground anchors for outdoor use, 8 corner stabilizers and 4 thumb-snaps for easy assembly
- Durable black e-coat finish on the Exercise Pen / Pet Playpen provides long lasting protection against rust and outdoor elements
- Easy set-up, no tools required, For Dogs: 26 – 40 lbs
2. AmazonBasics Single Door & Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crate
- Dog crate with double-door design for convenient front and side entry
- Two slide-bolt latches on each door for increased safety and security
- Sturdy metal construction; folds flat for easy storage/portability
- Optional divider panel and removable composite plastic pan included
- Measures approximately 36x23x25 inches (LxWxH)
1. MidWest Homes for Pets Dog Crate
- iCrate the “ALL INCLUSIVE DOG CRATE” | Includes FREE divider panel, durable dog tray, carrying handle, 4 “roller” feet to protect floors & MIDWEST QUALITY GUARANTEE 1-YEAR WARRANTY
- XXS SINGLE DOOR FOLDING DOG CRATE ideal for “TOY” dog breeds w/ adult weight up to 6 pounds | Convenient divider panel allows crate to expand as your dog grows | iCrate measures 18L x 12W x 14H inches
- YOUR DOG’S HOME WHILE YOU’RE AWAY FROM HOME | Durable design creates a safe place for your pet while you’re away & caters to your dog’s natural “den” instincts
- SAFE & SECURE HOME | Heavy duty slide-bolt latch firmly locks dog crate door in place keeping your dog safely inside their dog crate
- EASY ASSEMBLY & PORTABLE DESIGN | Sets up in seconds w/ no tools required for assembly & folds flat for convenient storage or travel | Roller feet protect hardwoods, make repositioning easy