A Complete Guide To Buy An Electric Weed Eater
If you have a lawn in your house, one in the important gardening tools that you ought to try to have is an electric weed eater as there is always some places in the garden left uncut when you have a lawnmower. An electric weed eater is best tool for working around these places. Some brands present you with more capabilities than others when it comes to the flexibleness of the trimmer head. Today numerous styles of weed eaters are available in the market. This makes it hard for buyers to choose which one to buy.
A common dilemma faced by buyers is to buy a gas or electric weed eater. For homeowners who haven’t decided upon what weed eater to purchase, here i will discuss the advantages of an electrical weed eater which may help you make your decision.
What the Advantages of an Electric Weed Eater?
Flexibility and Less weight
After testing most of the weed eaters, we found electric weed eaters are less heavy than gas trimmers. This may not appear like something significant that you can consider when selecting one but it really honestly needs to be one of the important factors you need consider. Holding a weed eater that’s heavy through a whole yard can make you sore and achy, even more cause pain from holding it non-stop while it is vibrating from being used. An electric weed eater doesn’t vibrate; it won’t hurt your arms since it is not heavy and won’t move you around. Using an electric weed eater is easier and more convenient compared with the gas one.
An electric weed eater is usually a million times quieter when compared to a gas version; so quiet you don’t really need wear ear plugs while using the it. When you using the electric one, the noise would not brother your neighbors as the sound would not like the noisy sound generated by a gas one.
Concerns about electric weed eaters are actually about their apparent less powerful nature. Yes, that once was true in past times, but with current battery technology, their performances have been vastly improved.
More powerful lithium-ion battery is likely to rival the performance delivery by gasoline-powered weed trimmers. Battery powered weed eaters now have the ability of lasting longer, tackling thicker grass, and charge faster than before.
Less Maintenance and Repair
Weed eaters are not equipped with much parts therefore may require less repair and maintenance work. This means that it can be more economical to make use of weed eaters than to work with other tools.
What Can You Do with an Electric Weed Eater?
Weed eaters aren’t for only taming the unruly grass and weed in your garden. There are many other applications for which electric weed eaters are well suited for. These include:
- They can chop thorny vines into pieces.
- Small bushes and shrubs are trimmed in an instance with a powerful electric weed eater.
- The trimmer head converts to a handy lawn edger by turning it through 900. In this way, you get a great tool for applying the finishing touches to your cement paths, driveways, and lawn edges.
- Holding the trimmer head flat on a heap of leaves and after that holding it in place turns the tool into the perfect leaf mulcher.
Our Top 5 Weed Eaters
5. Husqvarna 324L Straight Shaft Gas String Trimmer
- 4-stroke engine runs on pure gas, allows you to avoid the hassle of mixing oil and fuel
- Air purge removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting
- Smart Start engine and starter designed for quick start with minimum effort
4. Greenworks 12-Inch 24V Cordless String Trimmer/Edger
- Pivoting head allows for edging and trimming capability with edging wheel
- Electric start eliminates gas hassle, less maintenance and zero fumes;Handle Type: Wrap-Around
- 12-inch cut path with .065 single line auto feed for easy line advance
- Shaft length (inch): 40. Compatible GreenWorks Replacement Spool, Model 29252 and 29092
- Battery and charger included. Compatible battery models 29842 and 29852 and charger 29862.Drive Shaft Type: Telescoping
3. BLACK+DECKER LSTE523 Li-On String Trimmer
- Converts from trimmer to wheeled edger. Line Diameter-0.065 inch
- Power Drive Transmission for increased torque
- 2-speed control for more power or extended runtime. Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18
- EASYFEED allows you to advance your line with the push of a button with no bumping required
- Part of the 20V MAX System; 1 System – Endless Tasks. Power for your Style
- Part of the POWERCOMMAND Family of tools – EASYFEED, POWERCUT, POWERBOOST – helps solve common user frustrations when using Outdoor Power Equipment. Included Components: (1) LSTE523 20V MAX* Cordless Trimmer/Edger, (1) LB2X3020 20V MAX* Extended Runtime Lithium Battery, (1) Charger, (1) AFS Spool, (1) Guard
2. WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12″ Cordless String Trimmer & Edger
- 2-in-1 function with dual-position wheels for grass trimming and edging
- Converts from a trimmer to an in-line edger in seconds with no tools; No-Load Speed : 7600/min
- Two (2) 20V cordless Max lithium power batteries provide continuous power – charge one, use one
- 12-inch cutting diameter with Innovative Command Feed spool system for instant line feeding
- Cutting line length: 10 feet. Quick-release lever for fast telescopic height adjustments to the 90-degree tilting shaft
- Dual-function flower spacer guard helps protect vegetation and acts as an edger guide
- Ultra-lightweight, ergonomic design – only 5.3 pounds! Line diameter: 0.065 inch
- Share batteries across all your 20V WORX Power Share tools so you never run out of power
1. BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX String Trimmer / Edger
- Lithium battery for long runtime
- Converts from trimmer to edger with a quick turn of shaft
- Includes 1 hour
- Shaft Length:52 inches