A Complete Guide To Buy Floor Cleaner
In your home, floors may be one of the hardest surfaces to care for. Whether it’s from pets and kids wheeling around the home in a race, or moving around of furniture, they sure usually takes a beating! However, withstanding the spills, grime and everyday dirt buildup could mean that they need frequent cleaning. Compared to other surfaces, your floors are designed to have longevity with good care.
For the best results, make sure you keep in mind that different floor types may require different cleaner types. For example, some may require something that can stand up to areas with lots of bacteria or germs, sanitizing these spaces thoroughly. On the other hand, some surfaces require a gentler cleanser to help keep the area from drying out and avoiding stripping. You may find that you need to have a different type of cleansers in kitchens and bathrooms in your home. While there are various multi-surface cleansers that could work on almost any kind of surface.
How to Care for Wood Floors?
You may have read that wood floors should basically be cleaned with vinegar. We don’t recommend it. Vinegar cleans but is acidic and over time can dull the finish. The best way to give your wood floors some TLC it to leave your shoes at the door, vacuum regularly to get rid of abrasive dirt and dust, clean up spills promptly whilst keeping your pet’s nails trimmed.
When it’s time for you to clean your floors, use one of our recommended products. Make sure the area you’ve just cleaned dries promptly before moving on to the next section, as an excessive amount of moisture on wood for too much time is damaging.
What Types Floor Cleaner Are Available?
The main method to distinguish between various types of floor cleaners would be to look at the surfaces they clean. For example, some items are specifically for hardwood floors, and are designed to avoid damaging the surface.
Hardwood floors particularly can be quite difficult to clean, as harsh chemicals may strip the finish. A good hardwood floor cleaner should be gentle enough to use without damaging or discoloring your floorboards, but to be powerful enough to eliminate dirt along with gunk.
Other products better suit tile and laminate floors. Tile cleaners, for example, are supposed to cut through dirt and grime on both tile and grout without leaving behind streaks or a greasy finish.
Multi-surface floor cleaners works extremely well across numerous hard floor surfaces. Products either come in ready-to-use spray bottles which can be applied right to the surface and rinsed or wiped off, or are liquids that need to be diluted with water before use. The latter is usually applied with a mop.
Whichever floor cleaning product you choose, look at label closely to be certain it’s safe on your chosen surface and fits the type of cleaning you’ve planned.
Our Top 5 Floor Cleaners
5. Pledge Gentle Wood Floor Cleaner
- Quickly cleans wood floors
- Streak-free, residue-free
- Reveal your wood floor’s natural beauty
- Lemon scent
4. Weiman Hardwood Floor Cleaner and Polish Restorer Combo – 2 Pack
- Restore – Micro-filling technology removes scratches while forming a protective scratch resistant layer
- Versatile – Can be used on any finished hardwood surface, rejuvenating a shine with no sticky residue
- Safe – This “ready to use” formula can be used around kids and pets without causing harm
- Simple – Polish & restore surface while also extending the life of wood floors in just one easy step
- Use On – Finished hardwood floor surfaces
3. Wood & Laminate Floor Cleaner
- STREAK FREE CLEAN EVERY TIME- No-rinse Hypoallergenic formula
- GREAT ON ALL TYPES OF wood, laminate or engineered flooring.
- JUST SPRAY AND WIPE DRY! a little goes a long way.
- REMOVES SPILLS, DIRT, DUST and footprints-easy to use just spray and wipe
- SAFE AROUND CHILDREN AND PETS. Eco-friendly and biodegradable
2. Method Squirt + Mop Hardwood Floor Cleaner Refill
- Contains (1) 68 ounce refill bottle of hardwood floor cleaner
- Non toxic squirt + mop wood floor cleaner
- Plant based, surface safe and biodegradable cleaner formulated for sealed hardwood and laminate floors
- Easy to use, just squirt and mop. No need to rinse
- Use to refill ergonomically designed squirt + mop shower nozzle spray bottle
1. Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner Refill
- Ready-to-use economy size refill
- Splashless technology ensures a smoother pour
- Waterbased cleaning formula dries fast, is residue-free, and safe for people, pets and the planet
- Safe for all unwaxed, unoiled, polyurethane finished wood floors
- GREENGUARD GOLD certified – very low VOC emissions