A Complete Guide To Buy Mobile Printers
Nowadays mobile printers are beginning to play an increasingly important role in many businesses. You can see them in many places such as restaurants use them to provide credit card receipts, pawn shops use them to process merchandise receipts, and many other companies rely on them for a full range of businesses. Mobile printers can save you a lot of time and money compared with a fixed printer. At the same time, it is more convenient as user can print anything at any place.
What is a mobile printer?
If you have being working in retail, hotel, transportation or logistics, you have definitely encountered a mobile printer. In most cases, mobile printers use ink-based printing. Thermal printing is more common on large label printers. Unlike thermal printing, ink-based printing can reach print speeds of up to 80 mm / s. In addition, in some situations, it can provide a wider variety of colors and a higher print quality of 203 dpi. Mobile printers also work perfectly with tablets and smartphones. Most mobile printers are compatible with Apple iOS, Android, Windows operating systems.
Benefits of using a mobile printer
Many hotels and cybercafes offer shared printers for guests (usually for a fee), but if you need to print frequently while traveling, use your own long-term mobile printer. It will be cheaper. Also, as travelers’ frequent experiences show, use hotel printers can be restrictive and frustrating.
Printing without a PC is another reason to need a mobile printer. Some portable printers can print directly from devices other than laptops or from compact storage cards which you could not find in shared public printers.
Finally, the most important benefit of using mobile printers is that they can print anywhere, even on the most remote locations or while on the move.
How to choose a mobile printer？
The working environment
Because mobile printers go with users, they may be exposed to heat, cold, rain and dust. One of the most considered factors is the possibility of dropping frequently. So, when you prepare to buy a mobile printer, you should choose a robust printer that can withstand various weather conditions and shocks. The losses could be many times greater when the printer is needed, and it stopped working because the printer fell or other problems occurred.
Mobile printer specifications come with IP ratings which when higher, are better suited to be mobile. An IP rating of 3 or higher is optimally protected against rain and dust. A concrete mobile printer should be able to withstand multiple 5-foot drops.
The size of a mobile printer
Today’s mobile printers are easy to transport, but they still have a remarkable weight. Most of the mobile printers have approximately 5 pounds and take up space for large luggage and suitcases (average dimensions: 13 “x 7” and 3 “tall). Compact photo printers are even smaller — some not much bigger than the 4×6 photo paper they print on. There are large and small mobile printers, but keep in mind that there is usually a trade-off between portability and functionality or performance. You should know the printer’s dimensions if you want to put it in a carrying case to make sure the printer will fit.
The performance of mobile printer
The printing speed and quality of mobile printers are impressive. Many mobile printers print at approximately 5 pages per minute, but some are faster. If you are a business traveler who cannot afford to wait for pages to be printed, look for a mobile printer with a print speed of 10 ppm or higher speed rating.
Our Top 5 Mobile Printers
5. Epson Workforce WF-100 Wireless Mobile Printer, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
- This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only, not third party cartridges or ink; Cartridges described as Compatible, Remanufactured, refilled or refillable may not work properly or at all; See product description for more details
- World’s lightest and smallest mobile printer
- Print from iPad, iPhone, tablets and smartphones
- Easy battery charging via USB or AC adapter
- Built in, rechargeable lithium ion battery
4. Brother Mobile Color Page Scanner, DS-620, Fast Scanning Speeds, Compact and Lightweight
- Fast Scan Speeds up to 8ppm in color and black/white
- Compact and lightweight measures under 12 inches in length and weighs less than 1pounds
- USB Powered included; No wall outlet required
- The drivers and utilities on the CD ROM/ DVD ROM for Windows 8 or earlier bundled with your Brother machine are NOT compatible with Windows 10; All drivers and utilities on the CD ROM can be downloaded on Brother’s website
- Daily Duty Cycle (max. pages) 100. Media Weights Single Sheets (min/max) 16 28. Paper Size Single Sheet (max.) 8.5(W) x 32(L) Inches
3. Canon IVY Mobile Mini Photo Printer through Bluetooth(R), Rose Gold
- Print from Bluetooth and social media
- Print 2 inches x 3 inches Photos with peel and stick backing
- Super portable. Print resolution 314 x 400 dots per inch
- Disclaimer: requires mobile device to be connected to the Canon ivy mini photo printer via Bluetooth and the Canon mini print app, available for free on the app store and at Google Play. Compatible with Mobile devices running iOS 9. 0 or later, and Android devices running Android 4. 4 or later
2. HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
- STEP UP AND CREATE PROJECTS AT HOME – Print, scan, and copy borderless, high-quality photos and documents with crisp, sharp text using this versatile all-in-one printer
- OUR MOST POWERFUL PRINTING APP EVER – The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your wireless printer, scan documents with your camera, and print from social media or the cloud, such as iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- STAY CONNECTED, NO MATTER WHAT – Whether connecting to your network or your mobile device, reliable Dual Band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart deliver a stable connection for steady performance
- CHOOSE AN INK REPLENISHMENT SERVICE – Save up to 50% with HP Instant Ink or Save 10% on all reorders with Amazon Dash replenishment; upon activation your printer measures ink levels and places smart reorders when you are running low; no subscription fees; cancel anytime
- SPEND LESS ON INK AND NEVER RUN OUT – With optional HP Instant Ink, you get ink automatically ordered by your wireless printer and delivered to your door for as low as $2.99 per month (subscription required)
- WIDE RANGE OF PAPER SIZE SUPPORT – This all-in-one printer works with letter, legal, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, and No 10 envelopes
- ONE-YEAR LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY – 24-hour, 7 days a week FREE HP Web support
1. Polaroid ZIP Wireless Mobile Photo Mini Printer (White) Compatible w/ iOS & Android, NFC & Bluetooth Devices
- SMARTPHONE MEMORIES MADE REAL : Using the Polaroid ZIP is fast and easy! Just connect a smart phone or tablet via WiFi and watch your portraits, selfies, and social media photos transform from digital images to physical pictures in an instant
- STUNNINGLY VIBRANT PRINTS : ZINK ZERO INK printing technology eliminates the need for film, ink, toners, cartridges, and ribbons. The premium 2×3 Inches sticky peel back paper prints are not only colorful, bold, and lifelike, but are also water-resistant, tear-resistant, smudge proof, and dry to the touch
- FREE POLAROID MOBILE APP : Take your photography to the next level by downloading the FREE Polaroid app, compatible with iOS and Android. Print in less than 60 seconds
- No computer connections needed : download the app and unlock all the customizable and adjustable editing features Polaroid has to offer. From stickers to filters to borders, photo editing is easy, fun, and as endless as your creativity
- TRAVEL READY DESIGN : The mini and pocket sized design is compact, super portable and perfect for anyone who loves to travel, blog, do DIY projects, or go on adventures. The small size makes it easy to carry, so you can share your favorite pictures whether you’re indoors, outdoors, at a party, on vacation, or at any other event
- SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE : Only Polaroid products offered by authorized dealers are covered by its manufacturer’s warranty. Products from unauthorized re sellers may be counterfeit, damaged, altered, or previously used. A list of authorized distributors is on the manufactures website