Pregnancy is an exciting and challenging time for a pregnant mother. These nine months require intensive care and dedication from the mother to keep her baby safe and have all the support and nutrition necessary for development. Just as a baby needs internal nutrition to grow and be healthy before birth, the mother must ensure that the fetus is protected from external damage. Therefore, it is essential that pregnant women are in a safe environment where they feel comfortable and free to move.
An important aspect that needs attention is the mother’s sleeping posture. The couple spends many sleepless nights so that the mother does not sleep in uncomfortable positions which can harm the baby. Normal mattresses are not designed to provide comfort to a pregnant woman and can cause body pain and interfere with her sleep . Pregnant pillows are useful here.
What is a pregnancy pillow?
The pregnancy pillow is a large, soft pillow specially designed for pregnant women of different shapes, including the body, J and V. They are more comfortable and help relieve neck, shoulder, and joint pain. Do not be confused by name, they are not only good for pregnant women. It is also suitable for people who need extra support after surgery or for those who love the luxury of a large body pillow.
Benefits of a pregnancy pillow
Helps relieve back pain
Back pain is a common condition early in pregnancy. Why? Because the body’s ligaments are soft and elastic to prepare for labor which puts pressure on the hip and pelvic joints. This discomfort can affect your daily activities and your sleep. Pregnant pillows are just one thing you can try to reduce this pain as it is specially designed to relieve pain. It adapts to your body and provides support where you need it most, including your pelvis, abdomen, hips, ankles, and knees.
Helps maintain a comfortable sleeping posture
Pregnant women are no strangers to tiredness. Discomfort and insomnia can lead to many restless and sleepless nights. Finding a comfortable sleeping position is the key to finally closing your eyes, and pregnancy pillows help. Imagine nestling into a cool, soft pillow made of smooth cotton that taking the weight off your knees, hips, and abdomen.
Helps blood circulation
Health professionals recommend that pregnant women sleep on the left side while their baby is developing. This is believed to have a positive effect on blood circulation by not only encouraging the baby to be in the optimal position before birth, but also by providing adequate support and relieving pressure on the body. Some pregnancy pillows can be a full body pillow that can be molded around you to provide support where your body needs it most.
It can help allergies
Pregnancy hormones increase a woman’s chance of developing an allergy, respiratory disorder, or skin rash, even if she has never had an allergy before. Choosing a hypoallergenic pregnancy pillow will help prevent unpleasant reactions while the down alternative filling gives you all the luxurious support you need.
Helps you find a comfortable nursing posture
If you choose to breastfeed your baby, some pregnancy pillows are specially designed to support important areas like neck and shoulders while breastfeeding. You can also adjust the firmness of the pillow to find the most comfortable surface for you and your baby. The pregnancy pillow may also be used postpartum to support the back and pelvis and prevent your back from slouching as you feed.
When to use a pregnancy pillow?
To take the weight off your spine, it’s a good idea to lie on your side and use a pregnancy pillow in the middle (about 20 weeks). However, you can always use the pregnancy pillow during pregnancy. They are also used as body pillows, helping alleviate back pain as they keep you on your side and often go between your knees, which helps take weight off the spine.
The choice of pregnancy pillow is surprisingly large and many have similar characteristics, but come in different shapes, materials, and prices. Read on for more information on our picks.
Our Top 5 Pregnancy Pillows
5. INSEN Pregnancy Pillow,Maternity Body Pillow for Pregnant Women
- 100% Jersey Cover/ Full Size
- ERGONOMIC DESIGNED – 58 x 28 x 7.8 in. C shaped body pillow design replaces other small pillows in your bed. This C shaped body pillow is comfort and following your body contour shaped that helping support your body such as back, belly, hips and knee.
- BEST MATERNITY PILLOW TO YOUR FAMILY – High density soft cotton adapts to your belly and back when you want to sleep, read, nurse, or watch TV. We use long silk cotton that it will stay smooth and fluffy inside the pillow provides comfort for side support.
- RELIEVE PREGNANCY BODY PAIN. Our full body pregnancy pillow can help you into a quality sleep, reducing interruptions all night and helping relieve back pain, hips pain, and lower back pain.
- ALL IN ONE PILLOW AND WIDELY USE PILLOW. Maternity body pillow creates cushion when you are sleeping, watching TV/ movie, reading, resting, playing games, and working at home. It cradles your body to reduce tossing and turning, providing you a quality sleep and keep your neck, shoulder, back and hip aligned during night. Also, pillow is foldable into multiple position to elevate your leg to improve blood circulation. Relieving pregnancy swelling is so important for pregnant women.
- Warmly Tips: Both outer and lining case have independent zipper for you conveniently to unpick and wash or stuff regulation.
4. Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge for Maternity
- IDEAL SOLUTION FOR PREGNANCY DISCOMFORT
- SOFT OR FIRM… YOU DECIDE: 2-sided design to suit moms during all 3 trimesters. Deluxe, soft memory foam on side 1, and firmer support foam on side 2. As your needs and desires shift from moment to moment, simply flip it over to regain maximum comfort.
- PROPER BELLY SUPPORT REDUCES SWELLING (edema) in hands, legs and feet by relieving back tension and associated STRESS. Place under your belly, behind your back or between your knees to help you feel more comfortable relaxing or sleeping. Versatile belly wedge, back pillow or knee pillow. Helps relieve nerve pain and leg numbness, too.
- FEATURES A PLUSH VELBOA COVER that is super soft, yet still durable and washable. We know a little pampering goes a long way in the 3rd trimester, so we pulled out all the stops and found the best material possible. You simply won’t believe how soft and comfortable the cover is.
- AIRFLOW VENTILATION TECHNOLOGY with CertiPUR-US® FOAM: Our perforated foam layer helps keep the pillow cooler which makes it more comfortable while sleeping. CertiPUR-US® foam is made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants, mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates regulated by the CPSC, and CFCs. It is performance-tested, durability-tested & emissions-tested. Trust the best.
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE FOR TRAVEL and includes its own carry bag: From bedroom to the couch to your favorite chair for napping, the hiccapop wedge pillow makes traveling easy. More convenient than over-sized body pillows that are bulky and hot.
3. PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow, U-Shape Full Body Maternity Pillow
- Includes Travel and Storage Bag – Grey Color Only
- Our U shaped body pillow helps support your back, hips, knees, neck, and head to help ease discomfort associated with pregnancy, sciatica, fibromyalgia, gastric reflux, and more.
- The pregnancy pillow features a detachable extension that can be used as its own full body pillow, or attached the main body pillow for additional back or belly support, making this an excellent pillow for pregnant women and just about anyone else!
- This maternity pillow measures 53″ inches long, 31″ inches wide, and 7″ inches high, making this the ideal contoured support pillow for your back, belly, legs, and neck… all in one!
- MORE THAN JUST A PILLOW FOR PREGNANT WOMEN – This full body pillow is perfect for ANYONE needing more support, recovering from surgery, or tired of having to use separate pillows to support their head, neck, legs, and back
- Try the PharMeDoc U-Shaped maternity pillow today, RISK-FREE. You’re covered by our lifetime manufacturer warranty and 100% satisfaction guarantee.
2. PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Cover, C Shaped Full Body Pillow Grey
- Includes Travel and Storage Bag – Grey Color Only
- THE ULTIMATE PREGNANCY PILLOW – C-shaped body pillow design replaces need for multiple bed pillows, helping support your back, hips, knees, neck and head.
1. QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow(2 Sideds)-U Shaped Maternity Body Pillow with Cover
- Only Queen Rose Total Body Pillow Can Bend as a Double C Shaped Pillow for Leg Support
- PREMIUM PREGNANCY PILLOW.Super soft pregnancy body pillow lets you get a good night of sleep throughout your pregnancy. The uniquely designed to follow the shape of the pregnancy mom, oversized U-shaped pillow support for back, hips, legs, belly,long enough for you to stretch out and support both sides of our body
- TOTAL BODY SUPPORT.Our customers have used this pillow effectively for pregnancy support, nursing and for pain relief and comfort (whilst sleeping) for people with fibromyalgia, sciatica, gastric reflux, congestion, carpal tunnel syndrome, eliminate tossing and turning, ME etc. As well as helps support back, belly, sides, head, knees and feet
- DESIGNED FOR SIDE SLEEPING.Comfort and support is now available with uniquely designed to follow the shape of the pregnancy mom, and big “U” shaped maternity support pillow for sleeping and feeding.
- MULTI-POPURSE FOR YOU.The maternity body pillow creates comfortable positions when sleeping, reading, nursing, watching TV. Total Body Support for a painless and better sleep
- CUSTOMER PLEASED. Our goal is for you to be completely satisfied,polyfill material is available adapts to your needs for comfort.