It is not a good thing that clutter in your child’s room or playroom is a major source of stress. You’ll be overwhelmed by the ubiquitous LEGO, doll clothes, food sets, and stuffed animals. If this is the case, you need toy storage to solve your problem.
Toy stores are essential, especially in families with children. They will keep your home tidy and help you organize your home. The toy organizer gives your child quick and safe access to his toys. They also help improve your child’s ability to organize items. Toy storage is easy to use, because your kids can easily pick them up at any time. They come in different types and designs.
Benefits of using toy storage
Toys are easier to see and attractive
If children can easily see toys, they can get their attention. Toy boxes can really limit the amount of toys that children can see at the same time and can seem chaotic and overwhelming. Imagine that instead of opening your refrigerator to see your food displayed, all of your food was in one big box. It is more or less the same theory.
Toys are more accessible
Toy boxes have to be fairly tall and large to fit a lot of toys. The toy organizer can bring the toy closer to the ground. This makes it accessible to young children and even babies who are crawling or just sitting up.
I used the toy organizer to store the blocks in a bin, so I noticed that I’m playing a lot more. If we hadn’t a toy box, LEGO would go everywhere, so it took a long time to collect the individual pieces before starting to play. Most preschools have organized shelves that are at children’s heights, so teaching them that there is a “house” for toys and supplies can also help them prepare for kindergarten.
Popular types of toy organizers
After reading this review, you will find that there are different types of toy storage boxes available. Read this section to learn more about these different types and why they differ from each other..
The children’s toy container can also be used as a piece of furniture. For example, some brands make storage containers that can also be used as bench. The lid closes and children can sit on it, creating an additional seat in their room. In other cases, suitcases and shelves are available in the container, so you can get more than just to store your children’s toys.
Box and chest
The available toy boxes and chests are typically one of the largest toy storage units available. They have lids that open and close easily, making them perfect for many items. Depending on the one that you choose, you’ll find that some come with dividers available. They are useful for organizing various toys and items for your child. However, if you’re just using it for a bunch of toys, a chest that doesn’t come with divider panels may work well too.
The bin organizers are great way to organize your child’s items. You can also use them to teach your child’s organizing skills. There are several options for bins of various sizes, from small to large. This is a great opportunity to store toys based on size. Plus, you’ll find light-colored bins, making it more exciting for kids. These types of bins are also great for improving your child’s color recognition skills.
Also consider using a bin that can be easily removed and put back. They allow you to walk and pick up your child’s toys, making the cleaning process much easier.
Containers are very similar to bins, except they are generally large. Therefore, they can be used to store a wider range of larger toys.
Our Top 5 Toy Storage Organizers
5. AmazonBasics Kids Toy Storage Organizer Bins – White/Pastel
- Kids’ toy storage organizer with removable plastic bins
- Composite wood frame with 25 lb capacity, reinforced with steel dowels
- White painted exterior with dark pink, light pink, light purple, and light green bins
- Provides easy access to toys while keeping them organized
- Anchors to wall for safety
4. Tot Tutors Springfield Collection Supersized Wood Toy Storage Organizer
- Wood, Plastic and Metal
- x Large size for 25% more storage than Top organizers
- Removable bins for playtime and cleanup.
- Includes 12 standard size open storage plastic bins and 4 double Size open storage plastic bins
- Durable and easy to clean. Easy to assemble.
- Product sizing – 42”w x 11”d (15. 5”D with stabilizing braces) x 31”h; regular size bins: 11. 75”L x 8. 25”W x 5. 25”H; double Size bins: 16”l x 11. 75”W x 5. 25”H
- Bpa and phthalate free.Storage Capacity:7.5 cu. ft
3. Honey-Can-Do SRT-06475 Kids Toy Organizer and Storage Bins
- Includes 12 plastic toy totes that measure 5-inches deep
- Ideal for playroom, kids’ room and bedroom toy storage
- Encourages kids to organize small toys, books, clothing and more
- Quick and easy cleaning surfaces are durable and stain resistant
- Toy storage rack can mount to wall for added safety
- SRT-06475 #: SRT-06475
2. Delta Children 6-Bin Toy Storage Organizer
- Recommended for ages 3 to 6
- Made of engineered wood, solid wood and fabric
- Assembled Dimensions (in inches): 25 (width) by 26 (height) by 11.75 (depth)
- Easy assembly. Featuring six uniquely sized fabric bins supported by a sturdy wood frame
- Meets or exceeds all safety standards set by the CPSC
1. Tot Tutors Kids’ Toy Storage Organizer with 12 Plastic Bins
- Removable toy storage bins for playtime and easy clean up
- Easy to assemble toy organizer for blocks, crayons, toy trucks, dolls, and more is great for boys and girls ages 3 years and up
- 12 rugged plastic toy bins are interchangeable, 8 standard and 4 large storage containers
- Additional standard and large bins sold separately
- Sturdy engineered wood construction is durable, easy to clean, and includes steel dowels to support toy bins
- Perfect gift for boys and girls ages 3-8 years
- Comes in multiple color options -Primary: Natural finish with primary bins (red, green, blue, yellow), Pastel: White finish with pastel bins (pink, light green, baby blue, light yellow), Espresso: Espresso finish with white bins